I am not ashamed to say I really want this ridiculously excellent hammer from @basecampx to hammer nails, the occasional tent stake, & generally whatever needs a good hammering. #BCXHammercontest
MID APRIL FAVORITES
Smith Rock was incredible .. The light here is incredible. Had the chance to meet up with some of my photography heros @ben_moon and @mikeylikesrocks ..
We waited for the light to get grab a couple shots of @ben_moon leading up Chain Reaction.. 12c. Thanks for lapping this route for me ben!!
(at Clif Bar logo climb)
Close-ups of butterfly wing scales! You should definitely click on these images to get the full detail.
I’ve paired each amazing close-up (by macro photographer Linden Gledhill) with an image of the corresponding butterfly or moth. The featured lepidoptera* are (in order of appearance):
- Madagascar diadem Hypolimnas dexithea (photo by Michel-Georges Bernard)
- Comet moth Argema mittrei (photo by Axel Strauß)
- Sunset moth Chrysiridia rhipheus (photo from Wikimedia Commons)
- Giant Blue Morpho Morpho didius (photo by Didier Descouens, Muséum de Toulouse)
- Rippon’s Birdwing Troides hypolitus (photo by Robert Nash, Ulster Museum)
*Lepidoptera (the scientific order that includes moths and butterflies) means “scaly wing.” The scales get their color not from pigment - but from microscopic structures that manipulate light.
The colorful caribbean water is always so inviting.
Bye, Doctor. You know, travel does broaden the mind.
Feeling a little steampunk #spitfire #sunglasses #girlswithtattoos #altgirl